The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears. ~ Arabian Proverb

Saturday, March 10, 2012

ARABIAN FOAL

When I was a child, the thing I wished for most in the world, was to ride horses.  My parents went out of their way to make this happen.  Those are some of the most beautiful and happy times of my life.  I found that I was a natural with horses.  It made me feel powerful and at one with incredible beauty.

One time, I even possibly saved another rider from harm, because when her horse ran away with her and she couldn't control it, I sprang into action, galloped to her horse and grabbed her reins.  It was one of my most glorious moments.

My best ride was in Wyoming in the early 60's without a guide.  The surroundings were absolutely beautiful and I ran with the wind!  I controlled the entire ride.

Thank you to my parents who gave me this experience.  No one else in my family was interested, but they still tried to please me.  I'll never forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment